Tuesday 9 January 2018

Murder Game (Detective Ruby Preston #3) by Caroline Mitchell.

Follow Detective Sergeant Ruby Preston around London as she tries to catch a killer before they kill again. Although this is the 3rd novel in the series, it can so easily be read as a standalone.


I have read the 2nd Ruby Preston novel called Sleep Tight and Murder Game is the same high quality writing and storytelling. I love how you get both sides of the story, Ruby Preston with her team of detectives plus chapters from the bad guy/killer.


The plot of Murder Game is very good. I like how you get the full story and not just the gritty crime detection bits. I like how each character’s lifestyle is fully explored. I like how Caroline gently guides you through the technical bits of Police work, so that the average reader fully understands what is going on and why.


Ruby Preston is at a loss with the identity of the killer and the story points the reader this way and that. I found Murder Game a very entertaining read. I finished this book and I thought WOW! All the little details of the story made my head buzz. Yes, it all added up and just illustrates how easily a civilised society can harbour some very dangerous people. The feeling I got from the end of this novel gave me such a rush. I can find nothing wrong with this book and once again Caroline gets the top score of 5 stars from me. Murder Game was simply a pleasure to read even though readers who are married will glance at their ring finger quite often!

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher Bookouture for giving me a copy of this book on the understanding that I provide an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment