Saturday 10 July 2021

The Secret War by Louise Burfitt-Dons.

Follow Private Investigator Karen Andersen as she helps get to the bottom of things during these challenging times of the coronavirus pandemic. Although this is book 3 in the series, it can so easily be read as a stand-alone.


I loved the contemporary nature of this novel with all the conspiracies surrounding Covid-19. Louise has her finger on the pulse of Britain coping under the numerous lockdown restrictions. I loved how the many modern threats to life in the UK were explored plus the global risk of bio-terrorism. All your fears are listed along with a very long list of what-ifs. I loved the plot and how suspicions of the many characters were creepily developed.


There were no boring bits in this novel and I found it very engaging - the conspiracy element is so strong. I really enjoyed reading The Secret War and think it would make a great television drama. This novel raises a lot of questions when you consider the modern problem of fake news. Just who is telling the truth as we womble around wearing face masks?


The Secret War is a work of fiction but it does make you wonder about the source of Covid-19. I found this novel to be an OUTSTANDING 5 star read and I will never think about the Yamaha DX7 in the same way again.


Thanks to Netgalley, the author and the publisher BooksGoSocial for providing me with an ARC on the understanding that I post a review.


The Secret War was written in 2021 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment