Friday 17 August 2012

Hostile Witness by Rebecca Forster.

Did Hannah Sheraton start the fire that killed her step-grandfather Justice Fitz Rayburn? Josie Baylor-Bates, a friend of Hannah's mother, defends her daughter.

This story slowly unfolds in the court and with Josie's investigations outside. Very little is said between Hannah and Josie. You are unsure of her guilt and Hannah believes her problems will blow away. You do not develop an empathy for Hannah because she does not co-operate fully with Josie. This crime thriller is basically a court room drama featuring regular court procedures and dialogue between counsels.

Hostile Witness is dull, it is not an exciting novel. There are no big surprises, it is drab and it is not a gripping story. There are no likeable characters in this book. I have nothing to recommend in this novel. This book was written in 2004 and I downloaded the 562 KB Amazon Kindle copy. I took nothing away from this book. It was not a reading pleasure but a drag. I think that Hostile Witness is rubbish and I shall be voting it the minimum 1 star on Good Reads as I consider this book one to AVOID. I will not be reading another of Rebecca's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment