Friday 1 February 2013

The Curious Case of Daniel Walter by Rose Carter.


This story starts with Daniel killing his father. Ryan Cook is the detective assigned to the case. Witnesses point to Daniel being the killer. Can Ryan prove the killer was Daniel and not his identical twin brother Peter?

This book has a bad format, as from the start you know that Daniel is the killer. This novel is written in sections from the viewpoint of Daniel and Ryan. It is a teenage drama set in America and is not much of a crime thriller. Daniel's quest is to create doubt in a courtroom, so he has to be somewhat creative.

This novel does ramble on quite a bit. At one stage I even wondered if Daniel actually had a twin brother or if he was a schizophrenic with 2 personalities. I developed no empathy for any of the characters in this story. Proof is generally found by good Police work but the ending was no great shakes.

I bought the 278 KB Amazon Kindle version of this book which was written in 2011. I thought it was a disappointing read and I will vote it only 2 stars on Goodreads. This is a book to MISS and I consider it a FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment