Tuesday 24 June 2014

Atrocity Exhibition by Thohir Wijaya.

Here is a story of an art exhibition that feature scenes of many of the atrocities that took place in the 20th century. The author goes on a great length about how violent images can be sexualised and the effect they have on the public.

This is a very arty book and is full of interpretation, shade and texture. His book has been updated with many annotations that seek to explain the context of the exhibition.

I did not enjoy this book at all. I found it a drag and very, very easy to put down. I continued reading to the very end hoping I would find something good to write about it. But all I found was the most boring book I have ever read in my whole life. He drones on and on in a language I can't relate to. There is no real story to this book, just a rambling review of sexualised images. I took nothing away from this book at all and was glad I downloaded it as a freebie.

Books like this can so easily put off new readers and if all books were like this, I would throw my Kindle into the bin and never read another book in my life. Thankfully there are loads of good books out there that can entertain and inform the reader. Atrocity Exhibition does neither, which is why I am voting it the lowest possible score of 1 star. This is one boring book to AVOID.

Atrocity Exhibition was published in 2013 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment