Wednesday 20 August 2014

Going Underground by Chris Ward.

This short dystopian story is about Rob, who had heard rumours that trains continued running on the disused London Underground tube network. Rob finds a spot where he can sneak into a disused station and meets an old man to whom he explains his mission.

I did not like this short story as it did not grab me. I found it very dark and slow. There were only 2 characters in this tale and their dialogue was rather drab. Nothing sparked my imagination and I was not entertained. Chris has published this short story to try and lead readers onto his Tube Riders novels. Well, I will leave those trains in the depot!

I found reading Going Underground a chore. It never seemed to gather momentum and the ending was no big surprise. I will not be getting Tube Riders and I vote this sad little tale the minimum score of 1 star.

Going Underground is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook and was written in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment