Sunday 11 January 2015

Her wrong side by Mark Edwards.

Katrina, 28 has a top job, a company car, a house, proud parents and a partner Jae Lee who is 30 years old. Katrina is an attractive, stunning and successful woman but Jae Lee is a charmer and when he bumps into Carla, a waitress with attitude, he desires to develop a relationship with her.

This novella is about the grass appearing greener on the other side. There are three main characters in this story, Katrina the trophy girlfriend, Jae Lee the cheating womaniser and Carla the flavour of the month. You feel sorry for Katrina, hate for Jae Lee and indifferent to Carla caught in the crossfire.

But Jae Lee gets on the wrong side of Carla as this story unfolds. As you read this book, the author Mark Edwards gets on your wrong side too! I have no empathy for Jae Lee as I can’t stand cheating partners. The depiction of Katrina is sickly sweet and glamorous, so I do not warm to her. Carla’s personality is not explored fully and you only get a shallow impression of her. Mark’s writing style is weak and only worthy of a woman’s throw away magazine. To top it all off, this book has not been proof read and it is annoying having to work out the script errors.

Her wrong side is not an original story and is a disappointing read. The ending is overdramatic and unrealistic. I got no pleasure from reading this sad little tale and felt my time was wasted. I suggest you do not bother to download a copy of this very poor novella which got on the wrong side of me. There is nothing I can recommend about this book, so I will vote it the minimum score of 1 star.

Her wrong side is available as an Amazon KIndle eBook and was written in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment