Sunday 15 May 2016

Stone of Fire (Arkane #1) by J.F. Penn

Follow Morgan Sierra as she searches for the Pentecost stones in this thriller about religious relics.

Joanna writes a wonderful and entertaining thriller that should appeal to all readers regardless of their faith or views on religion. Her book has a lovely mix of fact and fiction. There is lots of history and background in this story which is gently explained. You do not need to be a religious scholar to understand what is going on because as this story unfolds, the characters explain both the nature of faith and the importance of the Pentecost stones.

I found Stone of Fire a very interesting read because of all the detail within the plot. Joanna has done a tremendous amount of research to build her story around the Pentecost and this depth is a joy to read. This book works on a number of levels, the concept of faith, conspiracies, secret rooms and societies plus adventure and the thrill of the chase. The whole feel of this book is very similar to the average Dan Brown novel but for all the right reasons.

Stone of Fire was a pleasure to read. I loved the writing style which was very descriptive, educated, informative and with an extensive vocabulary. The whole story was bright and refreshing. It was a very entertaining tale and because I am an Atheist, I found it very funny! Joanna does not poke fun at religion but it made me laugh! She writes a very convincing tale that is verified by lots of detail and background. It was lovely that when the story ends she includes some author notes to explain which parts were fact and which were fiction in case you were confused. She gave me what I want from my reading experience, a refreshing trip into another world and for that I vote her the top score of 5 stars.

I used to read a daily newspaper and did not bother with books. But a passenger left behind a copy of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown on my coach and I took it on holiday with me in June 2007. I enjoyed reading it so much that I abandoned my daily newspaper and moved onto books instead. I have never looked back and I feel that a novel like Stone of Fire can very easily turn on people and make them want to adopt reading books as a hobby. I view Stone of Fire as a stepping stone for readers to get the bug of a media that can give them years of pleasure.

Stone of Fire is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook and was written in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment