Saturday 24 June 2017

Sleep Tight by Caroline Mitchell.

WOW! This novel gets off to a stonking start…

The doctor gave a satisfied nod as he lifted the stethoscope from the woman’s bare chest. ‘Ah, the heart of a lion. We’ll soon have you cleaned up. But now...a little music to ease the passage.’ He did not expect a response because he was talking to himself. It had been that way ever since people could no longer bear to be in his presence.

… Then you, the reader follow Detective Ruby Preston as she leads her team in East London to catch a serial killer.

I found Sleep Tight to be a very, very good book. I liked the way Caroline told her story. It was great how you got both sides of the tale, the police and the bad guy. The plot was quite involved and I liked how doubt was thrown at all the characters, hint, hint and hint making you wonder who might also be involved. The actions of the bad guy were very, very creepy and were very engaging.

It was a pleasure to read this novel and it gave me the same enjoyment I got from Line of Duty, a popular TV series centered around corruption within the British police service. There was lots of action and tension as Ruby raced to get the bad guy.

I had loved Caroline’s previous novel Witness and I found Sleep Tight to be just as good. Both these books get the top score of 5 stars from me. The crime thriller market is quite crowded but Caroline is a the top of the league.


Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher Bookouture for giving me a copy of this book on the understanding that I provide an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment