Saturday 22 June 2019

The Brighton Maverick by Scott Chadwick.

This debut novel centers on people living and working in Brighton. It includes their business and personal lives as they make their way through life.


I was disappointed by The Brighton Maverick and feel that it does not work as a book. I did not get any reading pleasure from this novel which I found to be like your average television soap opera. It has a big mixture of characters ticking all the boxes for diversity. Young and old, gay and straight.


I plodded through this dull story and found nothing bright to spark my interest. My whole reading experience was like having the television on when my wife is engrossed in one of her many soap operas. Yes, relationships develop around a weak plot but nothing to excite the reader. The only snippets of interest were paragraphs about retail and how shops work.


I finished reading The Brighton Maverick and was relieved to be able to move onto another book. I was just glad it was over and consider this dull novel to be a POOR 2 star read.

The Brighton Maverick was written in 2014 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment