Wednesday 10 July 2019

The Girl in the Bed of Snakes by RJ Law.

Claire Foley goes off with Dominic on a little adventure. What could possibly go wrong after being charmed by this wealthy man?


The Girl in the Bed of Snakes is a short thriller of just 34 pages. At the end it asks "Get Claire Foley's whole story in the full-length novel. (All you need is an email address!)"


This short novel got off to a bad start, I could not connect with Claire or Dominic. Page after page droned on and on with scene setting where nothing significant happened. Character development of Claire and Dominic was extremely shallow. This reading experience was like being a passenger on a bus in an unknown city watching but not understanding the other passengers who boarded or alighted.


I found very little meaning in this novel and the dramatic ending made no sense. It all seemed like a little teaser for the full novel. But it did not tease me as I found it a bore. I thought the writing quality was VERY POOR and the plot PUERILE.


Will I bother to get the full novel? No chance! On the strength or rather the weakness of this taster, I will not waste my time reading such low grade, childish rubbish. This wannabe author gets the minimum score of 1 star from me as I have read more interesting bus timetables in my life.

The Girl in the Bed of Snakes was written in 2019 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment