Sunday 2 August 2020

Look Behind You by Sibel Hodge.

Chloe Benson is 27, a married woman living in Welwyn, Hertfordshire. She wakes up in darkness, her ankles and wrists tied together. She can’t remember what has happened and has no idea where she is. 


Is this a dream? Chloe is unsure. Can she escape her binds and recover from this nightmare? Follow Chloe through this British psychological thriller as her fears mount with each page.


I have not read a Sibel Hodge novel before but was encouraged to buy a copy after reading 3 different 5 star reviews from my friends on Goodreads. Having read this book, I am IMPRESSED.


I think Look Behind You is an OUTSTANDING read. I found it very engaging and entertaining. It is a thrilling read and all the warning flags are there. Sibel really builds up the terror in her novel. Her high quality writing really shines through the horror of this story. I love how this is a first person narrative and I felt as though I was in Chloe’s very wobbly shoes. Don’t view this story as Women’s Literature because anyone can enjoy this psychological thriller for what it is. Forget how old you are because everyone can relate to this story which is the stuff of nightmares, which we would all wish to escape from. Oh, and if you are married, gay or straight, this novel will make you shudder.


I got a real buzz from reading this book. It is articulate and thought provoking. It explored the concept of False Memory Syndrome and challenged the reader with Occam’s Razor. It gave me everything I want from a novel and was simply a pleasure to read. I enjoyed it so much that I will give it the top score of 5 stars and am starting on her next novel called Where the Memories Lie.

Look Behind You was written in 2014 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment