Wednesday 25 August 2021

Desecration (London Crime #1) by J.F. Penn.

 Follow Detective Sergeant Jamie Brooke as she helps solve a murder in London. This is not your average murder but one with a sinister background.


I have not read a book from Joanna for over 5 years now. What a delight it was for me to read another of her books. Once again Joanna mixes her extensive research with her extensive vocabulary to give the reader a very detailed and descriptive story. The plot behind Desecration is very good yet creepy as you wonder what can take place in research laboratories.


I found Desecration to be an excellent thriller, very gritty and quite gory in places. I really liked the emotional depth that was displayed when people have to deal with end-of-life choices and timescales. Joanna’s writing is so powerful that it brought a tear to my eye when I read that the time was right for one character. The words used really grasped the feelings in the same way as when a vet puts an animal down.


There are lighter parts to this story, like an exploration of various forms of body art and modification plus the joys of Tango dancing.


I think Desecration is an OUTSTANDING read that gets the top score of 5 stars from me.


Desecration was written in 2013 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.


No comments:

Post a Comment