Monday 14 July 2014

Special Girl by K. B. Stevens.

Special Girl is a short story about an intellectually challenged young woman. K.B. Stevens is big on teasing that his short story MAY be an erotic turn on but it is no more than an essay on disability awareness. It rambles on about what is appropriate and the morality of forming a relationship with a woman who has an intellectual disability.

This short story lacks depth and is just idle scene setting. The dialogue is puerile and the humour is rather weak. It is not an entertaining read and when I finished it, I thought I had wasted my time. I did not enjoy reading Special Girl and it was simply a distraction. A good short story will pack a punch but Special Girl fails to deliver. I hoped it would get better but it was disappointing from start to finish. Therefore I will vote Special Girl the minimum score of 1 star as there are good short stories out there but this is NOT one of them.

Special Girl is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook and was written in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment