Thursday 31 July 2014

Women Behaving Badly by Alana Munro.

This is an armchair psychology book about the dynamics of friendships shared between women. It explains how women relate to other women and the problems that can occur. Because some women can behave badly to other women and Alana reveals all.

I am pleased that Alana was brave enough to tackle this socially difficult subject. The stereotype of women is one of care, gentleness and motherly love. However women can become very jealous, intense, bitchy, competitive and play power games. Alana reveals the harsh truths about woman to woman (non-lesbian) relationships.

This book was aimed at women but as a married man for the past 22 years, I related to the analysis and tales that Alana gives the reader. I can see a lot of what Alana highlights in a lot of my wife's female friends. Women talk among themselves in a very different way to how men talk to each other.

Alana has a lenghty introduction to the conflicts between women and she waffles on quite a lot. Her book lacks editing and she takes many, many pages to say just a little. It is easy to understand but she does labour her points. When I finished reading this book it all made sense to me and I found it quite funny but childish how many adult women deal with their peers.

I found this book an okay read that explains why women so often fall out with each other. It will also help newly married men understand how women think so that they can have an easier time at home with their new wife. Alana puts a lot of padding into her book and she rants like a drunken friend, so I will vote it a middling score of 3 stars.

Women Behaving Badly is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook and was written in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment