Thursday 18 December 2014

Devil by J. Paul Stephens.

Devil is a novelette about Magdalene, a 22 year old girl and James, her lover.

This book starts off okay about a couple having an adult relationship. Then it becomes rather odd and stretches the reader's belief. This is followed by supernatural scenes leaving you more confused about this book's direction. When I got to the end I thought "what the devil was this all about"?

I got little reading pleasure from this book as I felt I was being led up the garden path. I did not like it's structure or the writing style. It started off okay with a little promise but slowly went downhill. The ending was very poor and just left me feeling disappointed. Devil misses the mark, I will vote it only 2 stars and I suggest you give it the MISS.

No comments:

Post a Comment