Wednesday 27 May 2015

While I was dying... by Natacha Troubetzkoi.

Follow Nicki in this first person narrative about a young woman finding her way in life. She has many pitfalls along the way as she tries to establish a name for herself.

This book showed promise as her story unfolds but I found her tale quite tedious. It was like one of those telephone calls when a woman is droning on about the little problems in her life and you wish she would end her call. The story does move on from one job or relationship to another but I never gained any empathy for Nicki. This whole book was quite dull and it was not an entertaining read. Nothing much exciting happened although Nicki did travel quite a lot. For all the glamour that Nicki was involved with, her tale did not have any sparkle. Even the sex she had was described as though she went to the shops!

While I was dying… was a drag for me to read through. I did not like the structure as you knew from the prologue that she was going to die and this tale was her looking back on her life. I took nothing away from this book as I was rather bored. I am a fan of first person narratives but this book left me cold. The attitude was shallow and the dialogue between characters was poor. This book was a big disappointment for me, so I can only vote it 2 stars as it was such a poor read.

While I was dying… is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook and was written in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment