Thursday 10 September 2015

unseen by Karin Slaughter.

Follow the usual group of 4 in yet another crime thriller from Karin. We have Amanda Wagner deputy director of the GBI, with detective Will Trent plus partner Faith Mitchell and medical examiner Sara Linton, as they get to the bottom of a cop shooting and more.


This novel is typical of Karin as she tells a good tale with a very involved plot. Little clues are fed in here and there as you read through this story. Yet again it is a shame that Karin goes back and forth in time just like in her last novel in this series called criminal. Although this time it is only a matter of days rather than decades. But these chapters in time do not end cleanly, as for example when Lena Adams goes to investigate a sound behind a panel during her police raid of the shooting gallery. You do not find out what is behind the panel in the next chapter but have to wait a lot later in the book. This is rather annoying and is a test of my patience. An author should please me with their work, not structure their book to irritate the reader.

Apart from these niggles, unseen is a good book which highlights how an extremely involved plot makes crime thrillers such enjoyable best sellers. Karin is clearly in the top league of crime thriller writers and I vote this novel 4 stars.

unseen has 447 pages and was written in 2013



I left this paperback on the front desk in the farm shop. When I returned someone had taken it away for themselves. I had only read the first 170 pages and was very annoyed that someone had taken my book. Because I had read enough and 2 of her novels just before this book, I was able to write a fair review.

No comments:

Post a Comment