Thursday 13 July 2017

Guest Bed by Luke P. Narlee

Ron has been married to Kate for 12 years and then he meets Courtney, a stranger who sits next to him on a train.

I found Guest Bed to be a brilliant read and it gave me all I wanted from a book. Guest Bed is told in the first person and as a married man myself, I found Ron extremely easy to relate to. Luke had the dialogue between Kate and Ron spot on, as I believe ALL married women talk like that! There was a great psychological tension running through this novel and I really felt for Ron.

Through his writing, Luke shows he really understands not only the dynamics of marriage but also how men relate to ALL women. Forget the concept of only one woman in the world for every man but consider women as job seekers where many are suitable for the vacancy.

Ron is a likeable character and you can't help feeling sorry for the troubles he has wandered into. Although this book is fiction, this sort of thing can happen in real life. As you read through this book the fear builds that these problems could happen to you. Throw in a few beers whilst your wife's friends are around and this book becomes very, very real.

I found Guest Bed to be a very engaging read for all men. I suspect women will enjoy this book but am not foolish enough to discuss it with my wife! I thought Guest Bed was a VERY GOOD read and reading it was a thrill. I can find nothing wrong with this book, so it gets the top score of 5 stars from me.

Guest Bed is Luke's debut novel but from reading it, you would never guess. This man has great talent, he can write a great tale and understands what makes men tick.

Guest Bed was written in 2016 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment