Sunday 7 April 2019

Either Side of Midnight (The Midnight Series) by Tori de Clare.

19 year old Naomi Hamilton falls in love with Nathan Stone and they get married. But on their wedding day, things go terribly wrong for Naomi. Follow Naomi as she struggles through this psychological thriller.


I really enjoyed this British psychological thriller set around Manchester and the Lake District. Right from the start you know things are not right and although Naomi blindly falls in love, the reader spots all the warning flags from the beginning. Naomi trusts a lot of people but this story is so well told well that you have big suspicions about ALL the characters.


I loved how this story developed, character development was very good and the plot was brilliant. I liked how Naomi was not a shallow lead character as her upbringing was explained together with her education and her piano playing. There were some lovely details about music, practice and performance with different piano’s.


I loved the quality dialogue between the characters and one witty line still makes me chuckle…


‘And I have a cat called Tess. Once I’d named her, my sister named her cat Tickles. She still finds it hilarious when my mum shouts the cats one after the other.’

… There is a lot of drama in this story and the ending is brilliant, leaving a tear in my eye. I found Either Side of Midnight a pleasure to read and it ticked all the boxes for me. I can find nothing wrong with this novel and it gets the top score of 5 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment