Saturday 26 October 2019

Map of the Dead by Murray Bailey.

Follow Alex MacLure as he unfolds the mystery surrounding his friend's death and legends entombed in Egypt.


I found Map of the Dead to be a regular secret code mystery with the usual conspiracies, lies and speculation thrown in. The plot was average with no real surprises. There was the usual mix of bad and good guys with the standard question of who can you trust. There was nothing in this story that made it stand out from others in this genre.


I did enjoy how the author threaded mathematics into the story. I thought those parts were very interesting. I was impressed by the research about Egypt and it's history of language, records and hidden data. But the religious mumbo jumbo simply left me cold. I thought the inclusion of a discovered story dating from 1,300 BCE a tiresome bore.


Map of the Dead filled the time but did not excite me. It was an okay, 3 star read with only 1 joke within the pages.

Map of the Dead was written in 2016 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment