Saturday 24 July 2021

Flesh Worn Stone by John A. Burks Jr.

Steven Alexander has what he considers the perfect life. With a good job, a loving wife, and happy and healthy sons, he has little to complain about. But then Steven hears just 2 gun shots and his nightmare begins.


WOW! This book was well out of my usual genres. Suddenly the reader is thrust with no explanations into a living nightmare. The lead character Steven Alexander doesn’t have a clue either. Where the heck has he woken up? He is stuck in a cage, on a beach, with 4 strangers - who like him and his wife also appear to be kidnap victims.


Flesh Worn Stone is a violent horror story that gave me the creeps. It is very colourful and the action made me wince in horror. How can Steven possibly get away from this madness?


I really enjoyed reading Flesh Worn Stone, although it is very, very violent and gruesome in places. This book is total escapism that you can read from the safety of your Kindle. I loved how little bits of conversation and detail were sprinkled throughout this story that made me guess what was behind this nightmare. I thought the plot was very good and I loved how the local politics that Steven was thrown into were developed and explored.


All human life is here, with a good range of personalities, all with their good and bad bits. I found the writing to be crisp, engaging, entertaining and of high quality. There were no slow, boring bits or padding in this novel. The tension throughout this story was full blast, all the way to the end. I think this book is an OUTSTANDING read of escapism that gets the top score of 5 stars from me. Makes putting out the wheelie bins for refuse collection a rushed affair from now on!


Flesh Worn Stone was written in 2011 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment