Tuesday 7 October 2014

Saffina Desforges Presents... The Kindle Coffee-Break Collection Vol. 2.

This eBook is the second collection of short stories selected by Saffina. They are a diverse range of nine stories that could be ideal for a refreshing coffee time read. Sadly this is NOT the case and this collection disappoints. These aspiring, new and independent authors do not have the knack of telling a good short story. They do not have the sharpness or focus required for a good coffee time read.

I read story after story and became quite bored until the last. After eight VERY POOR short stories I read The Agent by Mark Williams. This was a refreshing change and I rather enjoyed the dead-pan humour employed by Mark. The irony is that Mark is Saffina's partner, so it is no surprise that his writing is GOOD. But even a brilliant end from Mark does not save this collection which I can only vote 1 star and I suggest you AVOID.

No comments:

Post a Comment