Tuesday 3 November 2015

Big Fat Lies: The Truth about Obesity, Disease and Health by Joey Lott.

This book challenges the popular media view about obesity and health. It is well researched and explodes a lot of the myths about body fat and disease.

Joey has done a tremendous amount of research and number crunching to give the reader a different view on the body fat we carry around. I found his book very refreshing and was pleased to read how he captured the bigger picture. He asked a lot of questions about the scale of growing obesity and the highly profitable diet industry. This book really made me think about what is actually going on with peoples' body fat.

I found this book very easy to read and absorb the mountains of information scattered throughout the text. I quickly understood where Joey was coming from and formed my own opinion on the health risks of excess body fat. The way our bodies process food is very complicated and involved but Joey talks you through this magic working in your tummy.

Big Fat Lies is a good read and I really enjoyed reading it. It really makes you wonder who the bad guys are and highlights the problems of commissioning and presenting reports by analyzing available data correctly. I finished this book and felt really enlightened and relieved. I have learned a lot about body fat, health and the way business works. This book gives a real feel-good factor as you develop an awareness about the truth about excess body fat and I vote this commentary 4 stars. Well done Joey for exposing these lies that have been repeated parrot fashion until the general public are brainwashed into submission and more profits made for the diet industry.

Big Fat Lies is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook and was written in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment