Wednesday 18 July 2018

Dark September (Daniel Trokic #1) by Inger Wolf.

Follow Police Lieutenant Inspector Daniel Trokic and his team in Denmark for this crime thriller which starts off when a young woman is found dead and naked within a forest.


I enjoyed reading Dark September which I found to be a regular police procedural crime thriller. It follows the usual format expected in this genre of novel. Although this novel is set in Denmark, the locations made no difference whatsoever to my enjoyment of this book. The culture did not even feel Danish and this novel could have been set in any country within the Western world.


Inger’s writing is of high quality and although I did not find Dark September to be outstanding, it was a satisfying read that fulfilled my desire to have a good book on-the-go. I got the same pleasure from reading Dark September as I do from having a carvery meal at a pub. The chef carves some meat for you and you help yourself to a range of vegetables. You get a good solid plate of dinner with quality and nutritious ingredients that provide goodness and none of the nasty things associated with junk food. Dark September is a regular good read like so many other popular police crime procedurals.


I liked the range of suspects that the police interviewed and the many leads that were followed up. Each suspect had something to hide and could so easily have motive and opportunity to murder this young woman. I thought the plot was good although the chase at the end was a let down, playing catch is not really detective work and more like cross country running!


I loved the strong characterization of all the characters, whether they were suspects or working with the police team. Although the lead character is Police Lieutenant Inspector Daniel Trokic, my favourite character was Detective Lisa Kornelius. She has great attitude and I loved her involvement with computers and the explanations she gave about the software and technology. Lisa is also an ordinary girl and not some glamourous bimbo - one of my pet hates!

Dark September gave me my daily fix of having a book on-the-go and I would be very interested to continue with the other books in this series. I think Dark September is a GOOD read, so it gets 4 stars from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment