Sunday 11 April 2021

Imago (Kate Redman Mysteries #3) by Celina Grace.

Follow DS Kate Redman in the 3rd mystery in this series set around a fictional small town in the West Country. A body is found and it is the job of Kate and the other police officers to catch the killer.


I am enjoying reading this series and I find it a regular British police procedural. The main character is DS Kate Redman and you get her day job plus extras about her family and social life in each novel. I find this format of storytelling very comfortable as a reader. By mixing Kate’s work and private life the reader takes things in context as they are in real life.


Imago is different to the preceding 2 novels in this series. There are occasional chapters put in at random throughout this story that are simply the killer’s diary. This puts the reader in the position of knowing far more than the police do as their investigation progresses. Because you read both sides to this crime, the reader can appreciate just what a difficult job it can be for the police to catch a killer with little evidence surrounding the body.


I loved all the twists and turns as this story unfolded. It was nice that there was some romance thrown in the direction of Kate this time. I loved that “wait, I’ll get my coat” moment that really made me smile. Most women would react that way!


I like how Celina’s writing has remained consistent in quality and style in this series. Imago is another GOOD 4 star read. Having read 3 of Celina’s novels, I know what a sure fire hit her books are, in the same way that I know Tesco Multiseed Batch gives me lovely toast on a morning.


Imago is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook and was written in 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment