Sunday 4 April 2021

The Devil’s Kiss by Gemma James.

Kayla has been caught by her boss Gage of stealing money from his company. Gage gives Kayla the option of becoming his slave in the bedroom or going to jail. Kayla does not want to go to prison because her 3 year old daughter is very ill in hospital. Follow Kayla in this dark romance as she puts trust in her boss with his out of court agreement.


I found The Devil’s Kiss to be a FUN read. It is an ADULT erotic story that has a fair amount of sex which involves a lot of BDSM. This tale is unrealistic but enjoy this book for what it is, a story of a fantasy world within a master and slave relationship.


The characters of Gage and Kayla were well developed and the rawness of their relationship is fully explored. Other characters are brought into this story to play their part, co-workers, an old boyfriend and an ex-husband.


I liked how this whole story was told in the first person, from Kayla’s point on view and with a linear time frame. There is a plot which gives this book a useful framework to work around. I liked how social issues were explored including the old adage of victims of domestic abuse whose new partners very often abused them. Sadly some women seem to repeatedly attract abusive men, going from one bad boy to another.


The Devil’s Kiss is a work of fiction and although the situations are very unlikely, I suggest the reader simply goes along with it and enjoys it as ADULT entertainment for a mature audience. Because this story is unbelievable, it is very easy to find it funny in many, many places. For example…


“We have a Christmas party to get to.” Gage helped me to my feet, and I gasped when he spun me around and pushed me to the bed. “Bend over.” I hadn’t noticed the cocktail dress he’d set out on the mattress...or the butt plug and nipples clamps. I cringed to think of the pain those things would inflict.


His eyes lingered on my nipples, and the edges of his mouth turned up. “Stand up straight and clasp your hands behind your back. You’ll learn to present your breasts properly.”


...The Devil’s Kiss is NOT a wonderful book but it is full of surprise that will raise your eyebrows and maybe a laugh with the role play between Kayla and Gage. It was a welcome change and distraction from my usual crime/mystery/thriller genre and I consider The Devil’s Kiss to be an OKAY 3 star read.


The Devil’s Kiss is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook and was written in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment