Saturday 8 May 2021

Left Turn Lane by Eva Ramona.

 Susan Elizabeth James, 38,  wife and mother of 2 teenagers has simply had enough of living with them and decides to take the Left Turn Lane to start a life on her own. Follow the new Susan as her life escapes into new horizons.


I enjoyed reading Left Turn Lane and found it very easy to step into Susan’s shoes. This novel is written in the first person and has a linear time line, which is my favourite format. I liked how Susan’s character blossomed and I felt as though I really got to know her.


I liked the holiday romance feel to this book as Susan enjoyed her time around Maui in Hawaii. I liked how relationships were developed with the handful of people Susan met along the way.


I liked the emotions Susan worked through about sharing your life with other people and what was really important in your life. I liked the comparisons Susan made between her lifestyle and a drifter she met in Maui. The romance Susan found was gentle and there was nothing in the text that could offend anyone, anywhere in the world.


I found the story and writing very easy to follow, engaging right to the end. And what a surprise ending it was at the end - no spoilers from me.


I think Left Turn Lane is a GOOD 4 star read that nicely addresses the question, should I stay or should I leave?


Left Turn Lane was written in 2005 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment