Thursday 7 November 2019

Dark Game by Rachel Lynch.

DI Kelly Porter leaves the Metropolitan Police and returns to her home turf of the Lake District. How will she get on serving the tourist areas that are a quiet peaceful contrast to the violence and disorder of London? This is the first novel in the DI Kelly Porter series.


I really enjoyed reading Dark Game and I think that Rachel Lynch is top of her league in the British Crime Thriller genre. The quality writing made this a gripping thriller which had a great plot.


I thought the atmosphere was great with plenty of lively characters and lots of detail. The whole story is bright and sexy with lots of attitude and presented life in all it’s gritty glory. The action is both graphic and entertaining, with the sexy bits making the reader smile. There was even some sibling rivalry between DI Kelly Porter and her sister Nikki. I really enjoyed the sharp dialogue and great wit, like when Kelly was chatting to her mother...


‘I called your sister.’
‘What? Why?’
Kelly was livid. Any moment now, Joan of Arc would waft in with her brood of snot-covered kids and rescue her mother from her wayward,  irresponsible daughter.
‘You didn’t need to do that! I’ll call her.’


… So Dark Game ticked all the boxes for me and this OUTSTANDING read gets the top score of 5 stars from me.

Dark Game was written in 2018 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment