Wednesday 9 December 2020

CoWorkers by Jade Lane.

 Jade got a job in a call centre and kept a journal of her CoWorkers. In this short 32 page book, Jade shares how she found the people she worked alongside.


I found CoWorkers to be a light, jolly read with a nice dry sense of humour. It was not a glamorous job as Jade explains…


My very first impression was that I didn’t feel like I was at an office. I felt like I had arrived at the Biggest Loser Ranch. Yes. They were all overweight.


… Jade makes colourful descriptions of her CoWorkers personalities and all the things they did that wound Jade up. This all makes for an amusing read and has the same vibe as the popular Netflix television series called Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I found CoWorkers to be OKAY 3 star read and I am pleased that Jade has put her workplace memories in the public domain. Readers can enjoy it for what it is, a glimpse behind closed doors and Jade can call up anecdotes to use in parties for years to come. The best bit of this short book is rather funny and I can imagine a stand up comedian using something like this in their set…


Becky was undeniably frumpy. I’m not sure if it was the frizzy hair that was down to her butt, the lady mustache, or the floral dresses that she paired with athletic sneakers that made her so. But this is exactly what 

she was. She was the quintessential example of someone who was obsessed with clearance racks, bought whatever the heck was on sale, but had absolutely zero fashion sense.


… I could not read this section out aloud to my wife of 29 years because she only wears flat shoes and is the queen of the clearance rack.


CoWorkers was written in 2014 and is available as an Amazon Kindle eBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment